Here at For the Smart Home, we believe in supporting awesome talent. That’s why we’re offering a $500 scholarship to students who live and breathe the latest in connected technology, IoT and smart devices.
Every year we look to help the best and brightest students through their academic studies and beyond with our annual Intelligent and Connected Scholarship Award.
We are currently offering one successful applicant a financial scholarship award of $500 for the strongest essay on smart technology.
If you’re looking for the chance for help towards your studies, check out our application requirements below and enter your submission by the deadline.
In order to apply for the 2018 award, applicants must submit a written piece of 500-600 words on one of the following topics:
- Provide an overview and analysis of a smart home or wearable tech device of your choice.
- What will home automation and connected consumer tech look like in 10 years?
We personally read and evaluate all eligible submissions.
Essays will be evaluated based on the coherency and impartiality in the submission, as well as overall grammar, punctuation, layout, formatting, aptitude, and creative flair.
To apply for the award, please follow the guidelines below:
- All content submitted must be 100% unique and accurate
- Applications must be submitted by March 31st, 2018
- Email your application to email@example.com
- Submit your application as a Word document
- Each submission should include the name of the institution the applicant will be attending in their upcoming semester and their course of study
In order to be eligible for the award, the award winner will need to provide proof of meeting the following requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years old (at the time of application)
- Must be a citizen of the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Australia or New Zealand.
- Must be enrolled at an accredited or recognized institution in an academic program in Science, Computing, Journalism or Business
- Must have a valid government ID in support of application if requested (Passport or Driving License)
Deadline for all submissions is March 31st, 2018
We’re looking forward to seeing your submission and presenting the 2018 award to the best applicant. If you have any questions, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org